Chilled Orzo Salad
Simple ingredients like tomatoes, olives, and spinach thrown together with some pasta and Italian dressing to create a scrumptious side dish.
- 3 cups Orzo , cooked
- 1/2 cup baby spinach , julienned
- 1 large Roma tomato , diced
- 1 (15 oz can) black olives, halved
- 3 tbsp capers , drained
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley , finely chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup Italian salad dressing (We really like Newman's Own)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Other Add-In Options:
- Thawed peas
- Lemon zest
- Artichoke hearts
- Flaked tuna or chopped chicken breast
- Diced zucchini or bell peppers
Prepare the orzo according to the box's directions. While the orzo is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Drain the pasta and combine all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Toss gently to evenly coat.
Keep refrigerated until needed. If made ahead of time, you may need to add more dressing to the salad later on if it seems on the dry side.
Recipe adapted from Ken's Foods