Rhubarb & Strawberry Pie
This strawberry rhubarb pie recipe is marriage of sweet and tart all wrapped together in one delicious pie crust.
- Recipe for double- crust pie (9 in)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb (1/4 inch pieces)
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 1/2 tsp orange marmalade
- 1/4 tsp grated orange zest
In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Add fruit and toss to coat. Gently stir in orange juice, marmalade, and zest. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Line a deep-dish 9 inch pie plate with bottom crust; trim excess pie dough. Add the filling.
Roll out the remaining pie dough; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal, and flute the edges. Cover edges with foil.
Bake at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and rhubarb is tender. Remove the foil. Cool on a wire rack and store in the refrigerator.
This pie is delightful warmed up and with a dollop of whipped cream!