Oven Baked Turkey Tacos
Saucy taco meat, gooey melted cheese, and crisp taco shells make taco night a snap when you bake it all together and serve it at the dinner table.
- 1 lb . ground turkey breast
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup La Victoria sauce (we like mild because of the kiddos)
- 1 box taco shells
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large hot house tomatoes , diced
- 1 (15 oz can) black olives, sliced
- Sour cream for topping
- Hot sauce for topping
In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey meat. Once browned, follow the taco seasoning preparation directions and add La Victoria sauce, simmering for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat.
Pre-heat oven to specified baking time for taco shells (usually around 325 degrees). In a baking dish, line the taco shells up in rows. Spoon the taco meat evenly into all the taco shells and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese and warm the shells up.
Top each shell with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and olives. Serve with sour cream and hot sauce